- Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) is the state of Mississippi’s lead economic and community development agency, with approximately 300 employees engaged in providing services to businesses, communities and workers throughout Mississippi.
- Oxford-Lafayette County Economic Development Foundation, Inc., a public-private partnership, addresses the needs of existing business and industry and supports retention and expansion efforts.
- Mississippi Economic Council (MEC), the State Chamber of Commerce, deals with broad issues that relate to businesses through advocacy, research, resources and leadership. MEC has more than 11,000 members from 1,100 member firms throughout Mississippi.
- Mississippi Economic Development Council (MEDC) serves as the voice for Mississippi’s economic/community development and chamber of commerce professionals and their constituencies. Through collaboration with other local, state and national entities, MEDC establishes and advocates Mississippi’s economic and community development agenda.
- Tennessee Valley Authority Economic Development (TVAED) serves the seven states that make up the TVA service area – almost all of Tennessee and parts of Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia and Kentucky. Through partnerships with other economic development organizations, TVAED fosters capital investment and job growth in the area.
- CREATE Foundation is Northeast Mississippi’s philanthropic resource regarding comprehensive charitable planning for individuals, nonprofits, communities, and businesses.
Partner with UM:
At the University of Mississippi, collaboration is a key component of our economic development efforts. Collaborations across departments, and with industry, government and other leading research institutions result in innovative solutions that have applications in everyday life, around our state and the globe. We invite you to tap into our student talent, to incubate a business with us at Insight Park, to work with our leading researchers, or form a public-private partnership. At UM, we welcome the opportunity to explore a partnership with you. Contact William Nicholas, Director of Economic Development, for more information.